Re: Need help with axle

Also try removing the small shift linkage piece (the one with the plastic
ends). Then lift the inner joint into the newly found space and remove in
the same manner that you removed the passenger side one. It will will
require a few cuss words but it will come out.

>You can make the room two ways...
>
>1) Unbolt the three bolts that hold the ball joint to the a-arm , and swing
>the strut assembly away to make the room.
>
>2) Unbolt the pivot bolt from the front of the a-arm and bang the a-arm out
>of it's front mount.
>
>I prefer the first one as it makes A LOT of room. It's a little tricky to
>get it back in sometimes, so clean all the grease and road grime away.
>
>Good Luck -- Craig Williams
>1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-2001 Sport Compact Car)
>1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby)
>2000 Saab Viggen (20 psi, Turbo charged monster)
>Northern California, USA

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA