Re: does anybody road race?

>There's a free SCCA orientation on 1/25 at the San Leandro High
>School cafeteria... road racing sounds very cool, but it also sounds
>VERY expensive, even after you build a car. Anyone have any
>experience on this?
>
>chrisg

I'm in the process of building an SCCA IT class B Mk2 Scirocco...been
at it for more then a year now...yeah, it's expensive. :)

Figure on spending at least a 1,000 on clothing, and at least 4-5k on
building the car, probably more.  Don't forget the car will need to
be trailered or towed to the site...a good used truck capable of towing
the car will probably cost as much or more then the racecar, and a dual
axle trailer will run $800-$1500.  Track fees and a weekend of racing
will run $300-$500 easily.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net