RE: Link me to the linkage

Brian,
When I get home tonight, I'll fire you the link to a new setup a friend in
the Scirocco 1 club found for me using heim joints.
Another friend Eric came up with the same setup on his own. IMO this setup
is far superior to the one that came up on the list earlier. (that one
simply replaced the plastic ends with Aluminum ones)
I drove his 81 Scirocco with the heim's and it was like shifting a gated
Ferrari, no slop, precise engagement, etc....
One problem with his first design was that there was a slight vibration at
the shift knob.
Eric fixed this by using the teflon? heim's and now it is vibration free.
If you are interested I'll get the shopping list and schematics from Eric
(McMaster Carr, I think).
It is probably more expensive to go this route but if you are going to do
it, do it right, right?
I am going to do the same with my two Scirocco's in the next couple months,
making it myself like Eric did.
I'll send the link later tonight for the guys that are making this kit.

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver