Re: TT downpipe installation 16v

In a message dated 1/11/2001 9:01:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jorel140@yahoo.com writes:

<< It looks to me like it might
 be easier to start by just removing the exhaust
 manifolds and let it drop down where I can get at
 those bolts easier and with more power.  >>

Jorel,

The way I did it when I had to remove my head was I removed the downpipe
bolts.  It seem to me that removing the manifold first would be more
difficult.

Here is how I did it.  I soaked everything up with Liquid wrench.  If you get
a long extender for you ratchet tool you can maneuver it up and reach all of
the bolts easily. I think I had to use two extenders so the ratchet can clear
the bottom of the car. I persuaded a friend to come over with promise of
intoxicating substance afterward and had him get under the car, no one wanted
to get under the car. Anyway while he was under there I had him hold the
socket and wrench up there while I put on a bar that extends the handle of
the ratchet handle and then removed them like that. It was not too bad at all.

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>