Re: Bosch Silbers good?

Platinums are actually best to use in an engine that runs rich or burns
excessive amounts of oil as they are self cleaning. That is the one and only
advantage to having a platinum plug. I have used the f6dtc's in my rocco and
they foul in about 3 months. The platinums (4418's?) give me about 6 months
of use before they start to foul.

Yes I know I need to rejet my carbs. Time machine anyone?

>The 3-electrode Bosch (F6DTC) are copper as are their 8v counterparts
>(W7DTC).  Silver would be the best conductor used in plugs with platinum
>being at the bottom of the ladder.  The only "good" thing about platinums
>is their longevity.  They foul easily on less that clean running engines
>and the tips, being so small, can be damaged if proper care is not used.
>
>I run the F6DTC's in my 16v because the NGK's I had originally, seperated
>at the base of the ceramic and left me with a "remove the head" job just
>to change the plugs.
>
>Eric
>Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
>http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/
>

>On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:44:43 -0500 "RoccoPhil" <roccophil@mindspring.com>
>writes:
> > I don't know.  I've run Platinums with great success; however, we are
> > talking single electrode.  They might be discussing the 3-electrode
> > silvers
> > used on the 16v..
> >
> > -PK
> >

> > > Where did it say they suck??  I didn't see any bad stuff about
> > platinums.
> > > I'm running Bosch Platinums in my car right now dammit!
> > >
> > > Joe

> > Silbers

> > --
> > Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe