Re: Coolant Loss

james.david@clyde.com.sg writes:

List,

I seem to be losing a litre of coolant every 5 days or so.  I have checked
all
the radiator caps, hoses, etc and am unable to find any leak or loose
connection
- and I have checked this even while the engine is hot and running.  I am
at a
complete loss as to where the damn liquid is dissapearing to - any ideas?
and
what I should do about this?  I would really like to try and sort this out
immediately since I am planning a long trip over the weekend.

Does the car smoke white a lot when you first start it up? Usually
disappearng coolant is a symptom of a bad headgasket.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)