Coolant Loss

List,

I seem to be losing a litre of coolant every 5 days or so.  I have checked all
the radiator caps, hoses, etc and am unable to find any leak or loose connection
- and I have checked this even while the engine is hot and running.  I am at a
complete loss as to where the damn liquid is dissapearing to - any ideas? and
what I should do about this?  I would really like to try and sort this out
immediately since I am planning a long trip over the weekend.

james