Re: fly wheel

In a message dated 1/9/01 7:32:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, elf16v@juno.com
writes:

Keep in mind that I didn't have the original to go by when I replaced the
clutch/transmission on a 87GTi but it (the A-3 flywheel) looked very
similar.  The outer lip looked a bit thicker; however, when you get one
lightened that material is removed and it bolts up.  Could you elaborate
as to why you wouldn't want it?

Well...last time I did one we ended up replacing it with an early flywheel.
It looked much heavier and from what my friend has told me (who works at a
shop where they do these all the time) the clutch won't work right with the
A3 flywheel. It is a difference in the brand. Other than that, I don't really
have any specific information.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)