Re: Front speakers in doors...

This maybe easier and maybe not.  I just did my buddies car and this is how
I did it.  Cut out a piece of MDF or similar that is the same size as the
outer dimension of the speaker grill.  ( in his case they were 5 1/4 mids)
Allow one inch between the outer door skin and the speaker magnet.  The
amount the speaker sticks out of the door panel is how thick your
MDF/plywood needs to be.  Now cut a hole in your MDF that the speaker will
fit into.  Once finished you should have a piece of wood that looks like a
doughnut.  Use some material similar to your door panel covering and cover
the doughnut.  (In my case my buddy had black vinyl door panels and we just
went to the local sewing store and bought a remnant of black
vinyl....matched perfect!)  I used 3M 90 spray adhesive to attach the vinyl.
now attach wood to door panel.  I used three wood screws.  I put these
straight through the door panel into the wood.  This provides a nice tight
fit for the vinyl on the speaker enclosure and the door panel.  Then
depending on your speakers grills,....just screw the speaker into the wood
or in our case......we put the plastic part of the grill on the wood,...then
the speaker inside of that and then the mesh grill.  Sounds kind of a pain
in words,...but the work itself was about an hour....which was mostly just
sanding the edges of the wood and waiting for the adhesive to dry.
Oh,...BTW,....put some sound absorb behind that speaker.....even
undercoating if you don't want to pay for the good stuff.
HTH,
Chris