Re: Front speakers in doors...

It took quite a bit of extra work, but I fit some
5.25" speakers in there.

I had to modify the door panels, and the speaker
housing (the plastic pocket).  I also had to cut sheet
metal off the doors.

After all the time & $$$ I spent getting them perfect,
I would personally just go for the stock 4X6"
speakers.  Just get some really good component plates
(Polk) and then fill out the bass with a
woofer/subwoofer in the back.

My .02

--- Morten T Nielsen <mortentn@mailme.dk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a pair of excellent Sony speakers designed to
> fit in the doors of the car. I can see that the
> original spaekers in the door on the Mk.1 Roc' is
> VERY small...and my speakers measures 16.5 cm
> across. They'd never fit in the original hole and
> besides there is a metal plate behind most of the
> door card so I can't make the hole any larger. I've
> thought about fitting "kickpanels" but since the
> speakers aren't fitted with wire in front of the
> speaker to protekt them they'd probably be kicked a
> lot of times when climbing in and out! - SO
> What have all you guys done with your front
> speakers...I mean...you coldn't have spent all your
> money on rims, cams and bushings (though it is
> tempting). Some of you must have one of those huge
> stereos which makes the earth move!?!
>
> Thanks ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Morten Nielsen
>
> 76 1.6 TS (Denmark)
>

> --
> Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/