Re: Fw: Front speakers in doors...

Morten T Nielsen wrote:

> I don't think my car ever has been equipped with a
>  radio - the hole for the radio in the dash is
> covered by a plastic plate. I took it off and I
> can't seem to find any wiring for the radio inside
> the dash. Is there anyone who have had to re-wire
> the wires to the radio....
> I've just remembered something..my car doesn't have
> an antenna - DAMN
> Where is the best place to put the antenna...I'd
> like to avoid stripping the roof of the car so I
> guess a 16V style antenna is out of the Q?

You can run a new medium to heavy gauge wire directly from the Battery +
post, thought the rubber grommet in the Firewall, and up into the Dash
to the Radio. Remember to add an inline fuse near the battery end for
safety (don't leave home without it).

Better to run new wire than tying into the existing loom.

As for Antenna you can fender mount the tall regular type ant from Fuba
if you want (or some other vendor) but without at least some headliner
manipulation you should reconsider the roof mounted one.

Oil comes in many flavors. If you are not below freezing you can go with
the 20w50 but a thinner version might be needed now that we are in
Winter (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway :)

Even if the stuff is not the best or recommended, at least you can flush
out the old stuff and New oil is almost always better than old oil.

TBerk