RE: It just stops!

hey perfeser Berk?

If you had debris in the tank....wouldn't the next step be a clogged filter?

For your and anyone else who cares edification, a clogged filter acts
exactly like he is decribing.  You drive merrily along around town and
everything is fine, then you get out on the open road and get up to 50-75
MPH, the motor demands more fuel, and can't get it so the motor bogs....if
you keep pushing it, it stalls.....you coast along with the clutch in, then
at a safe speed drop it into 2nd or 3rd and let the clutch out.....

Walaaaa your running again for a while, till you get up to speed
again...repeat until home.  Then change filter.

Now, in the case we have before us, knowing that the owner has a new fuel
filter, I would guess as you have that it's an ignition related problem of
some sort.  Either a bad electrical connection of possibly oil in the
distributor.

BcH