Re: clutch cable dead?(peter)

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:08:14 -0500 "chris jevens" <rocco1987@hotmail.com>
writes:
> thanks peter,
> I was told that you couldn't get one... that because of the fact
> that the tranny was further away from the firewall than the rabbits
that
> that's the reason they had those self adjustable... well thanks for the
tip!!!

> chris
>

> >From: thescirocco@juno.com
> >To: rocco1987@hotmail.com
> >Subject: Re: clutch cable dead?
> >Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:45:50 -0500
> >
> >Yes, just get a Scirocco 2 manual clutch cable and be done with it.

You got it!
The self-adjusting cables come with a thicker rubber bushing, but it
works fine with the manual cable,
in fact I prefer it, because it takes up some of the adjustment, so that
the adjuster isn't all the way up the threaded shaft.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF