Re: [Tech] Help! - Oil seal failure

> >That sounds like the most back asswards way of doing it. Jesus Shawn!
> >You should know better than that!
>

>Hey, you know what it was early when I read and replied to it and since
>im so usedto working on engines on engine stands, thas what I put out.
>Get over yourself.

Thats ok I understand that your only excuse is that you were tired and
wanted to advise someone to pull their engine and put it on a stand to
replace one seal. Its ok we will work with your ineptitude ;-)

> >Then cut it in a manner that you have a plastic cylinder that is cut
>down
> >the side.Now roll the plastic up and slide it over the end of the
> >intermediate shaft. Then slide the seal carrier over the shaft and into
>the
> >block. Remove your plastic thingy.  Just as a note the plastic thing is
> >prevent the seal from rolling over and popping the spring off during
> >installation. And put everything back together. You might want to do
> >the other seals while you are in there.
>

>That sounds like the most back asswards way of doing it. Jesus Chris!
>You should know better than that!

I do it all the time. Although I use a piece of microfische. It works
better. And besides I dont have to remove any engine mounts to fix the seal.

>All you got to do is use a little grease and the spring wont come off.
>JESUS, what kind of shop do YOU work in!!

Obviously I work in a shop and you dont. Fucking with trying to slide that
seal over the shaft without any aid takes more time and also doesnt always
guarantee that the spring did not fall off.

But I guess that would explain why you always have them on a stand for that
seal as you are rebuilding the engine anyway (probably due to an oil leak
directly related to poor installation of an oil seal)

Love ya Sean!

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA