Re: [Tech] Help! - Oil seal failure

On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 18:49:16  "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
writes:

>That sounds like the most back asswards way of doing it. Jesus Shawn!
>You should know better than that!

Hey, you know what it was early when I read and replied to it and since
im so usedto working on engines on engine stands, thas what I put out.
Get over yourself.

>Then cut it in a manner that you have a plastic cylinder that is cut
down
>the side.Now roll the plastic up and slide it over the end of the
>intermediate shaft. Then slide the seal carrier over the shaft and into
the
>block. Remove your plastic thingy.  Just as a note the plastic thing is
>prevent the seal from rolling over and popping the spring off during
>installation. And put everything back together. You might want to do
>the other seals while you are in there.

That sounds like the most back asswards way of doing it. Jesus Chris!
You should know better than that!

All you got to do is use a little grease and the spring wont come off.
JESUS, what kind of shop do YOU work in!!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!