Re: Update on CIS problems....Now no spark!

You have the wires hooked up correctly.

AFA the points. make sure the dist is rotating while you crank the engine
(buddy required). If its rotating then rotate the engine manually at the
crank until the little nub (there are 4) on the dist shaft is contacting the
points rider. be sure the gap in the points is open and they arent
contacting. HTH

>OK,...quick question here.  There is a part of the  wiring harness that
>contains three wires which go to the coil.  One wire is red/black stripe,
>one is white/violet stripe, and one is black.  Plus you have the green wire
>coming from the condenser? on the distributor.  Right now this is how they
>are hooked up...the red/black wire and the green wire are going to #1 -
>and white/violet and black wire are going to the #15 +........is this
>correct?  I won't even get into the points thing since I can hardly
>describe
>what I see under the distributor cap.   I haven't ever played with points
>so
>I really don't know what to be looking for .....good or bad.
>Thanks again,
>Chris
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send