Re: UPDATE...CIS Problems..Still NO START

Have you pulled your spark plugs out of the engine and inspected them. It
might be that with all your tinkering and tweaking that they have become
fouled. When they foul they will do that almost start thing and then just
crank forever with no fire. Try pulling the plugs out. If thye are fouled
then disconnect the coil and crank the engine over to get rid of any excess
fuel int the combustion chamber. Then install some good (non-fouled) plugs
and try to start it. GL

P.S. what was up with that Virus attachment that came from your email addy??
It showed up about a week ago on the list.

>OK,...everything is put back on the car....Now when the air meter plate is
>raised the fuel injectors are spraying.  The cold start valve is still NOT
>spraying.  The car has good cranking and all the wires are sending spark to
>the distributor cap.  But still no fire.   It has that *hesitate* "I'm
>going
>to fire" sound then it disappears and it is back to just crank, crank,
>crank.  I put a new fuel filter on,....checked the spray patterns for all
>the injectors and all seems dead on minus the cold start injector not
>spraying.  I dunno.  Maybe I should go buy a fuel pressure gauge?  Any
>specifics on buying one of these?  Any other ideas?   One last
>question,.....if I am getting fuel from the injectors now,....the fuel pump
>is working correctly, yes?
>Thanks again,
>Chris
>

>--