Re: Bilstein Shocks [warranty]

Mike, I just went through this with an old set of Bilsteins too...just
send them in and they will rebuild them for $55 each...not bad considering
what they cost new...

Eric

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 SII2L16V@aol.com wrote:

> speaking of bilsteins...
>
> the bilsteins sports installed in my 16v needs replacement but since i'm not
> the original owner nor have a receipt i can't get them warranted thru
> bilstein directly.  i called them and they need a receipt to warrant the
> units.  anyway, i have a set of  neuspeed race springs that's i plan to
> install but only after i get a fresh set of bilsteins.  i recall someone
> posting a while back about having them re-valved.  i sure would like some
> more info on that.  even better if i can get them warranted.  i efinitely
> plan on doing it right this time around.  inluding the control arms w/ poly
> units all around.
>
> Michael
> 87 2L Black 16V
> 86.5 2L Tornado Red 16V (RIP)
> 89 Honduh Civic HB (Sold)
> 87 H***da* Excel (Sold)

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox