Re: SCIROCCO ONLY

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:42:09 -0800 "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>
writes:
y Now since my car is a Rabbit, should I
>sign off the list?  -snip-

My thought on this is... hell no. Stay. You've just as much right here
and anybody. (Including Jim although im not sure why exactly.)

This should be another FAQ when you think about how many times it comes
up here. When the founding fathers of the Scirocco list first started all
of this, (I belive it was Kevin Wenzel and Iain Mannix is where the
credit should go to BTW.) the idea at hand was to share info, help one
another ect. Initially it was Scirocco discussion only but then we came
to accept the fact that ALL A1 chassis cars were essentially the same
beast and were thus included in discussion's. Over time, many of us got
to know one another and topics strayed occasionally into our personal
lives but for the most part, topics were on topic or at the very least,
VW related.

Over the last couple years the topics have gone to politics and other
completely unrelated crap that I feel should remain off this list.
Keeping this list VW only is important to the integrity and character of
the list and is exactly what has made this the best list in the VW world.
Crap shows up from time to time but we self police it. (Sometimes.)

Have I missed any points?

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!