Re: Thanks

One note on poly bushings:  They make some noise.  I have poly bushings on
my trailing arm and I can hear squeaks when going over bumps.  I didn't hear
squeaks right away because the poly was lubed when I put the bushing
together.  But water and movement have removed the lubricant.  If your car
is for racing, then poly will be fine.  If you are bothered by squeaking
sounds when you go over a bump, then go with rubber bushings.  The poly in
the front is a little harsher too.  I don't notice any harshness from the
rear bushings (because of how the rear suspension geometry is), but I do
hear squeaking.

The one unfortunate thing about using rubber bushings for the trailing arm
is that it is more expensive because you have to buy the bushing already
pressed into the mount.  The poly bushing can be assembled into the mount
that you already have.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition