Re: Thanks

Added side note: Using silicon grease (the kind you get at a dive shop)
works very well for lubing poly bushings. I use it every time I install
them. No sqeaks so far (2 years and about 15 cars and counting). Silicon
grease resists water so it is not very easily washed off and its very sticky
so it doesnt fall off.

>One note on poly bushings:  They make some noise.  I have poly bushings on
>my trailing arm and I can hear squeaks when going over bumps.  I didn't
>hear
>squeaks right away because the poly was lubed when I put the bushing
>together.  But water and movement have removed the lubricant.  If your car
>is for racing, then poly will be fine.  If you are bothered by squeaking
>sounds when you go over a bump, then go with rubber bushings.  The poly in
>the front is a little harsher too.  I don't notice any harshness from the
>rear bushings (because of how the rear suspension geometry is), but I do
>hear squeaking.
>
>The one unfortunate thing about using rubber bushings for the trailing arm
>is that it is more expensive because you have to buy the bushing already
>pressed into the mount.  The poly bushing can be assembled into the mount
>that you already have.
>
>Ian Overholt
>'88 16v
>'78 Champagne Edition