Re: [ENG] Hall effect dist, knock sens. into 77rocc

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:58:22 EST Cmr446@cs.com writes:
>   I'm going after a hall-dist. and knock sensor for my 77, getting it
> out of an A2 Jetta or Golf. Along with the wiring and the small brain
in
> the 'splash tray' area, do I ned to pull the computer (and everything
from the
> motor to  it) from under the dash as well?

You'll need:

The distributor.
The knock box and knock sensor w/bolt.
The ignition module and bracket.
The engine harness for the knock box, distributor, and ignition module,
it's one harness.
The ignition coil.

The '85 and up, use different wires, coil, and distributor cap, that snap
together.
Use the A2 wires, and if you replace them, make sure they are for '85 and
up.

I'd go with the '85 and up setup, and a new Bosch cap and rotor.

I'm sure I forgot something, but right now, I can't think of anything
else.

HTH,
Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car