Re: [tech] Transfer Pump

jsut to add some more potentially useful info to this. In '84 there was a 6
month gap when they went to the bigger tank that has its own pump. A pump
from a later '84 or newer will not work. This also applies to Cabriolets.
Although I dont know the exact production dates; I can get them for those
interested.

>For the record, the switch was during January, 1984 production of the 1984
>model year, which lasted through to the end of July 1984.  So the only
>really "iffy" month would be January production - early January would be
>old tank, late January would be new tank (theoretically.)  Because the new
>tanks do not physically fit on the old chassis, when the new chassis
>started rolling through, so did the new tanks (and exhausts etc.)
>
>Drew
>
>On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
>
> > [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > > Or, Hey, why don't we check to see if there are any fuel lines running
> > > the cap first!!!!  BTW, 85 was the first year for transfer pumps
>AFAIK!!!
> > >
> > > Dave
> > > 77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
> > > 84 Scirocco
> >
> > Transfer pumps started part way through 84.
> >
> > He asked how to remove the plate, I told him.
> >
> > Thank you for also supplying the fuel line info, it'll go hand
> > in hand with the little -vs- big spare information.  I'll put
> > this in the FAQ section of scirocco.org.
> >
> > ==Brett

>tell?  I
> > > took
>remove the
>looks
> > > as
>mean

>later

>Try
>the
>certain
>the
> > > >

> > --
> > Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe
>send
> >

>Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph
>
>drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
>http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send