RE: Bilstein Shocks [add-on question]

This is personal experience

The bushes on the rear give themselves away with a feeling that back wheels
are slightly disconnected from the car. If they look anything like mine then
cracks in the bushes like old tyres have in the sidewalls.

The fronts showed themselves by giving a sloppy feeling on cornering as if
the front had a little too much give.

It took about 2 years after fitting Koni shocks/Springs for the front
wishbone bushes to go but the rears are still good (changing to Poly
anyway), and about six months to kill the ones above the front shocks.

Car was about 6 1/2 at the time.

However it took about 4 months to kill the rear beam bushes on my Jetta
after fitting admitadely stupidly rock hard Boge suspension and i feel the
front ones are probably going home too (I'll look when it stops raining)

Car was approx 17 at the time

HTH

Andy