RE: Bilstein Shocks [add-on question]

FWIW - I couldn't tell a damn bit of difference in
appearance.

THe way they are designed, I dont really think they
will ever "break" unless the rubber rots enough to
allow the control arm to fall off.  In 30K years or
so..

You can tell when you put new ones on though...

Oh - and rule of thumb - if you didn't do the work
yourself, it probably wasn't done correctly.  And then
there is a 50/50 chance.

mark

--- Daniel Snow <res00v06@gte.net> wrote:
> <SniP>
> Also, the recommendation to replace control arm
> bushings and ball joints is
> a good one.  Since you're significantly stiffening
> the ride, you need good
> bushings, or you'll beat your old ones to death in a
> little while.
> <UnSniP>
>
> How can tell when they're shot, is it a subtle
> handling difference that will
> all of a sudden break one day, can I visually
> inspect them somehow?
>
> I ask because my 'Rocco was lowered before I bought
> her and I have no
> earthly idea if anything was done 'correctly' as per
> everyone's suggestions
> on this subject.
>
> Please offer guidance.....I am a willing study.
>
> Thanx,
> Dan
>

> --
> Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/