Re: [8v tech] Audi 3A engine swap

>Why not keep the audi head? You can use the scirocco CIS injectors
>with it. I swapped virtually the whole engine and kept the standard
>CIS fuel system.  Had to get the intermediate shaft modified to run
>with the CIS distributor - the gear to run the distributor was
>reduced to about 1/2 it's original width - and you also need an
>adaptor ring since the CIS distributor has a narrower shaft. Other
>than that, it's pretty much plug 'n' play - you just have to use
>your imagination when hooking up the vacuum and breather circuits.
>
>HTH,
>
>Ewan Hopkins

You just reminded me where I've seen this before...I think Techtonics
offered a kit of some sort that had a block off plate and adapter so
you could mount your VW CIS warm up regulator to this block...and an
adapter ring and different gear for the VW CIS distributor.  Would make
this swap a real snap to do.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net