Re: [8v tech] Audi 3A engine swap

Why not keep the audi head? You can use the scirocco CIS injectors with it.
I swapped virtually the whole engine and kept the standard CIS fuel system.
Had to get the intermediate shaft modified to run with the CIS distributor -
the gear to run the distributor was reduced to about 1/2 it's original width
- and you also need an adaptor ring since the CIS distributor has a narrower
shaft. Other than that, it's pretty much plug 'n' play - you just have to
use your imagination when hooking up the vacuum and breather circuits.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins