RE: 2.0 coversion

I am looking to do a 2.0l conversion for my 86 16v.  I plan on using my head.  My question is will a 2.0l that thew a timing belt and has bent valves work for me since I am using my head?
[Shannon Fenton] Yes possibly. You need to inspect it to be sure the valves contacting the pistons did not damage the pistons. I highly doubt it.
 also what years/models 2.0 16v's will work for me? I have seen 90-92 GLI, 91-92 GTI, and 90-92 Passat.
[Shannon Fenton] Engine code 9A, there is one other but I can think of it.
 Are there any others, or audi's? Is there a good tech section on a site to deal with the conversion?
[Shannon Fenton] The best resource is you're Bentley manual, if you don't have one go to www.amazon.com and get one first. The best tech section is right here on the list. The swap is very straight forward, make sure you do all the things that you don't want to do again on the motor before the swap. Rod and main bearings (regardless of mileage) seals etc etc. The swap is time consuming and will test you patience, have a backup car! I have pics of my swap on my page at www.scirocco16v.com.
 What does the whole engine way for shipping purposes? the short block?
[Shannon Fenton] no clue

Thanks,
Steve
Shannon Fenton