2 Liters of LOVE!

oh yeah.

started my rocco today. the first atempt took place
on saturday, but failed because of no juice at the coil.
i was looking over bentley wiring diagrams for the
past 3 days and finally realized that early Passat have a
different wiring color code than the newer ones. i grabbed the
extra wires off the harness, ran them through my sunroof,
and hooked em to the fuse box. got juice everywhere and
that sucker started first shot! GOLD!! nice. so here i am
varying RPM's outside, letting things settle in and then
it happend. SMOKE everywhere. something blew up, i got
wacked INSTANTLY and started doin' the funky chicken,
then i investigated. only blew the upper rad hose at the
flange. phew.

BUT AT LEAST IT WORKS!!!
:)

so now i have another problem. when i was letting it run, it
started to get VERY HOT, i noticed the fan wasn't running.
I checked the plug for the fan switch. i had juice. i jumped the
fan and it started to run. right in front of my battery, i have a silver
relay that i guess had something to do with the A/C, since
i removed my A/C, would that not make the fan run? could i
bypass that relay and just hook it up straight like on my 8v with
no A/C. would that even make a difference?

thanks

Paul