Re: Throttle cable

There is an "L" shaped doohickey on the end of the cable @ the pedal that
fits into a foam (yes, FOAM) grommet. This grommet fails regularly as it is
a product of VERY poor engineering. Try one from an A2 it's made out of
rubber. If you NEVER want this to happen again then use a pedal and cable
from an Automatic A1 -'83. Dont forget the little clip that holds the other
side of the "L" shaped doohickey.

HTH

What holds the throttle cable to the pedal?  Is it
just a little bolt?

Pulling into the parking lot this morning, my pedal is
suddenly resting on the floor.  Popped the hood, and
the cable does not pull free, so I guess it is just
something inside....

Didn't want to roll around in the snow more than I
have to, so does anyone have a quick fix that will get
me a few miles (mostly downhill) to home?>

THanks
Mark

=====
Mark
Music is the soundtrack to the Low Budget B-movie that is my life.

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/

Chris DeLong