Re: Velocity diff kit (was a bunch of other 16V transaxle crap)

>At 9:13 AM -0800 2/26/01, David Guido wrote:
> >From what I heard recently, Velocity Sport Tuning has stopped selling its
> >Shim Kit.
>
>Their shim kit (we are talking about their limited slip kit, right?) fits
>the AGB/2Y.  I had it in my previous transmission.
>
>Any idea why Velocity isn't selling them anymore?  I heard some noise about
>a year ago about transmission failures 1 year or so after installation of
>this kit.  My 2Y failed about a year and a half after the Velocity 80% kit
>went in...... I'm certainly not saying that's what caused the failure, but
>I didn't order another one for my CHE-code tranny.

I hear that Velocity is having a difference of opinion with their
supplier...which is Peloquin I believe.  Anyway, I just happened to
notice the BSI Racing ad in Grassroots Motorsports mentions the
80% limited slip shim kit. So they're out there still.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net