Re: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:33:13 -0500 "Neal Tovsen" <sixteen.volt@gte.net>
writes:

>To a point, I tend to agree with Patrick. eGroups (now Yahoo!Groups) has
>more features and requires less maintenance on our part than our current
>system. We don't have to back it up. We don't have to pay for
>hardware/software upgrades. The archives are searchable. There are
>more member services. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I spoke with Brett about this some months ago. Ive had my list there for
over a year and its relatively maintenance free, easy to use and its easy
to manipulate. He didn't like the idea and I don't recall why at the
moment. I think mostly because he wants the list and web page on the same
machine. Sounds like a good idea to me but if Chris doesn't want to mess
with the list anymore, he should give it up to someone who does. Sounds
like a good time for Brett to step up and give us a proposal of what it
is that he requires to relocate everything? BRETT?? HELLUUUU!!

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!