RE: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...

> Moron,

Is that really necessary?

> why would you do that? Scirocco.org is a full domain with mx
> records and all. You'd be moving down. The list is fine where it's at,
> im sure neubayurn has a nice backbone. I've done traceroute's and pings
> from many netblocks that never have trouble reaching it.
> 	-Gary Huff

To a point, I tend to agree with Patrick. eGroups (now Yahoo!Groups) has
more features and requires less maintenance on our part than our current
system. We don't have to back it up. We don't have to pay for
hardware/software upgrades. The archives are searchable. There are more
member services. Etc. Etc. Etc. Frankly, most of us don't care about mx
records, pings, and traceroutes. We just want useful stuff like searchable
archives and member services without having to re-invent the wheel. A lot of
the features would solve common problems like spam wars, asking the same
question over-and-over, etc. I don't find the idea very "moronic" at
all...call me what you will.

OTOH, Brett VanS has a master plan that involves hosting the mailing list
and web site on his own servers. If he is willing to do the work, we can
have all the eGroups functionality and more in an environment we control.
But remember, this is only possible because Brett is willing to do it! I was
actually going to suggest eGroups too, until Brett told us of his plans.

Neal