RE: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...

<snip Gary>
I will call you a person who does'nt know what that stuff is. There.
Hah. I bet that feels great you non technical person you. Yeah. Member
services?!? Heh, I don't like giving large volume databases like that my
e-mail address.... if you don't understand something don't point fingers
and call bad mmkay.
        -Gary Huff
<end snip>

(please read in a calm, quiet tone)
I think Neal's point was that we're all currently benefiting from the hard
work of a handful of people (Brett and Chris, specifically).  If either of
them decide to call it quits, we're all hosed.  Chris is already annoyed
with some of the BS going on, at what point do we push him over the edge.
The advantage of the yahoo.groups stuff is, as Neal pointed out, minimized
hardware and software overhead and the effort it takes to deal with those
things.  But your right, a yahoo.groups set up is also a step down in some
ways.  Since Brett has a plan to keep the site and list "in house" (Neal
also pointed this out and preferred it), perhaps we should be concentrating
our efforts on supporting that (either through helping, donating hardware,
or donating cash) instead of attacking each other.

BTW, Gary.  You post your email to a public forum (I assume probably more
than one).  Your email is already in a public database.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II