Stove pipes- was Re: good news and some really bad news..

>Also, I've noticed that my 8v runs just fine during cold weather startups &
driving W/O the heat stove pipe.  Lost that years ago to rust.

I removed mine shortly after I got the car. I removed the whole Y connector
piece on the airbox and installed a single larger diameter intake hose that
is routed under and around the battery with the opening sitting right behind
the driver's side headlights. I live in the Northeast and even with sub zero
temps, I've never had it give me problems starting.

Ryan
82 Scirocco GL
90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg
Torrington, CT