Re: good news and some really bad news..

> When you tighten the filter it should only be 3/4 of a turn, which
> handtight is a good way to do it.  And as far as taking hte things off
> again, they should come off by hand too.  Always good to have a wrench in
> case some put it on too tight, but you shouldn't need it.  I've always
gone
> handtight and rarely have needed a filter wrench(don't even have one for
my
> truck)

Tell ya what.  If it hasn't been tightened by Kong, using a simple yellow
rubber glove, like the type used by dishwashers or something of that nature,
gets the filter off wonderfully, giving superior gripping power and keeping
Mr. Hand all clean.  Oh, and YES - it must be yellow.  The gloves told me
that  :-)

Also, I've noticed that my 8v runs just fine during cold weather startups &
driving W/O the heat stove pipe.  Lost that years ago to rust.

-Phil Kerschner
'85 Scirocco (the Loyal One)
'87 Scirocco (sickee)
'87 Scirocco 16V (BIG ol' project)