[rant] effin' expensive!

well, you all probably know this....

these parts for our cars are effin' expensive!!! i thought that the gas
pump i had to replace to the tune of $75+ was somewhat justified.

today, i dropped by my local vw dealer (yeah, yeah) and found out that by
crankcase air breather hose costs $100+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and i'm not using
enough !!! here)

the front motor mount (http://www.geocities.com/travelingdave/8716v) cost
$50 NEW. but i think in this case, i'd rather go new than used and unknown.
after all, it's the engine we're talking about here...

so, to fix that gaping hole in the hose i'm gonna just hack off the busted
end (the pic is on the website) and get some stock hose of similar dia. and
use an inline connector to fix this. of course, i'd have to take off the
housing that's on the engine and clean that up real good - and who knows
what kind of crap is already in my crankcase (and this could explain the
black oil! duh).

enough ranting and blabbing - i gotta get to work on the car. so.. any last
piece of advice before i replace the motor mount?? anything i need to do
special or something to make it go smoothly?

thanks
dave

Check your own email with your wireless web phone! Sign up now at
http://www.2301.com!  It's fast and easy!