Re: Gauge Senders

The temperature sender is the same, regardless of what the guage reads.
The sender deals in ohms, so the guages will be scaled appropriately to
match this.

The VDO number for the M10X1 300F/150C unit is 323 423 I think - VW part
number 049 919 563 A.

Drew

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, humpnyomom wrote:

> I just bought three VDO gauges from someone. They gave me the sender for the
> oil pressure gauge, but not for the oil temp. gauge. I have the VDO oil
> temp. gauge in my 16v that came in it. Can I use this sender even though the
> stock gauge reads in Celsius and the new one is in ferenheit? Also, where do
> I put the sender for the oil pressure?
>
> Justin
> '86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca