Re: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...

In a message dated 2/27/01 3:43:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, pbureau@home.com
writes:

mailserver system, and the moderators can fully control the setup, and the
web
page (not required, but adds to the fun) permits to have a gallery, to post
pictures (we do sometimes want tio show something...) maybe instead of
spending
money on a new server for teh majordomo, all we need is to create an
"Egroup" I
moderate 3 of them (medival society related) and it works very well, and the
control on spam is simple, the members (like this system) are fully
controlled
by the moderator(s) (yeah more than one can do the job here...) I think
someone
shoudl investigate it for this mailing list...

Damn that is a good idea!! I am on 2 Yahoo groups lists (used to be Egroups,
and something else before that). And also Moderate one. I'd second the idea.
It is EASY, and a nice setup with no overhead. Once more, the mail would
probably be cut in half as there won't be duplicate and triplicates of EVERY
e-mail. The Yahoo groups one works just in that you send it back to the
server, and it sends it to everyone...no "reply to all" to worry about. Which
is a PITA IMHO. No offense, but major-domo sucks ass when a list gets this
big. Who agrees with me?

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)