Re: 4K vs 2H

It's been a few months since I've looked at this, so that means I've
forgot completely - but I believe the older 020 case lacks the three holes
in the case required to bolt the A2 transmission mount bracket to.  I
could be wrong, of course... :)

I do know that the later 020 cases used in the A1's (7A, 4K) bolt up in an
A2 fine.

Drew

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Sal Guzzo wrote:

> Can someone explain why the 2H doesn't fit in an A2 car?
>
> Last summer, my friend put the 2H I had sitting in my garage in his 85 Golf.
> Supposedly, he got it to work with some minor adjustments. I don't know what
> he did, but he made it work.  I haven't seen what he did, but I have been in
> the car and it's a blast with that tranny.
>
> Sal

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca