RE: 4K vs 2H

100 mm flanges were factory mated with 100 mm CV's to accomodate the extra
power that certain engines put to the road.

AFAIK the axles themselves are all the same on the same A platform, just
the joints that were larger.

Drew

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Jason87VW wrote:

> I am going out on a mechanical limb...I have the 4k with 100mm Flanges. I
> had an 87 16v at one time and I put the tranny from my 83 8v Roc in it. I
> don't know the code (the project died a horrible death due to lack of
> knowledge and funds). I was told at the time that I could either swap my
> flanges, or leave the 8v flanges on it and use the 8v axles. Aren't the 16v
> axles more heavy duty, hence the 100mm flanges ???
>
> jason87vw@nac.net (poking his nose where it don't belong)
>
> 87 16v 2.0

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca