RE: 16V transaxles, was Re: now: torque is good - was Re: 50 mm vs40 mm intake

Scott, I'm confused by your statement below.  The 2H and the 4K both have
3.94 final drives, last time I checked.

As I understand it, the 4K uses the newer 020 case, while the 2H uses the
older style (a la FN.)  However, both transmissions AFAIK came with 90 mm
cv flanges, but should be easily upgradable to 100 mm CVs.

Drew

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Scott Williams wrote:

> > As I understand, the 2H does not accept 100mm CV joints at the output
> > flange. Is this not true?
>
> Drop that 2H in your Scirocco 16v and be done with it. The flanges are the
> same 100mm in both the 4K *and* the 2H. The only bad thing about the 2H is
> that you can't shim it. If you're installing a Quaife or don't care about
> the mini slip then you're good to go. The superior thing about the 2H is the
> lower gearing verses the 4K. That difference (3.94 verses 3.89) is small but
> noticeable. The 5th gear will probably drive you nuts, though. Throw a .75
> 5th gear in there and yer chillin'...
> ______________________________
> Scott F. Williams
> Account Manager
> GENUiTY - Eastern Region
> 1 Liberty Plaza, 20th Floor
> New York, NY 10006
> Voice: 212. 416.1745
> Fax: 212.416.1702
> scott.williams@genuity.com

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca