North American vs Euro scirocco "stardard gagues" .. was: dumb question

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:58:49 +0800, james.david@clyde.com.sg said:

>  Ok now I am pretty confused - perhaps there is a difference between the north
>  american and european models  - the gauge next to the ashtray in mine is most
>  definately water temperature - the gauge on the dashboard instrument cluster in
>  mine is oil temperature and it also has the 'dipstick logo' on it.

Well I have checked with 2 other local N.America built cars (mine from texas
and the other two from Boston) and we all 3 have water temp guage in instrument
cluster and the round one next to the ashtray , is an oil temperature guage. So
perhaps the eruo model where done differently, anyone else on the list could
maybe confirm this ?

it also seems that depending on the year/version of scirocco they have the
guage next to the ashtray was changed from time to time to somethign else.
Anyone else could also confirm this? (would be nice to see what year these seem
to affect.)

--
Patrick Bureau, pbureau@home.com
'85 Scirocco