Re: Question: IDing cruise control

At 05:14 PM 2/22/01 -0500, RoccoPhil wrote:
>I have never seen a cruise control on an A1 or A2, so I don't know what they
>look like.  I also do not have programmable wipers on my 85 rocco, so I
>don't know what that looks like either.  However, I've seen some stalks in
>junkyards with a pushbutton on the end of the stalk that says SET.  I assume
>that's programmable wipers?  If so, how difficult to put into a rocco?  What
>is needed?
>
>Also, could someone ID a cruise control for me?
>
>TIA,
Cruise control can be easily IDed by either the controls or by a vaccum
servo somewhere close, and attached by a rod, to the throttle.  This stalk
you mention that says set is probably is for the cruise control(might be
MFA-been so long since I've had one).  If you are looking at Sciroccos and
similiar VWs in the junkyards it is definately not for programable wipers
since they didn't have them.  THe only way to get programable wipers is to
get the programable relay, which of course mounts to the fuseblock, so it
is not practical to change delay while driving.  But is a great idea if you
don't like your current delay and want to change it.  As far as ease of
installation, it's simple.

John