RE: (tech) ? on cis fuel system.

Had some time to think about this last night, and here are my thoughts. If I
was doing a 16V swap into a CIS car, and wanted to save the effort of wiring
in the CIS-E harness, I would piece together the following system:

Airflow sensor plate from a 16V Scirocco (They have steeper walls, designed
for the fuel "curve" of the 16V motor)
Load sensing Control Pressure Regulator (from Audi, these were used in the
Euro system)
Fuel Distributor from CIS-lambda 8V-er (the frequency valve will help
compensate for any deviations from stoich)

If the car originally didn't have Oxygen Sensor control, then you'd need to
wire in the Jetronic brain (not much different from wiring in the CIS-E
system, so I'd do the CIS-E system in this case)

I would definitely use an air-fuel gauge to keep an eye on things.

Total cost would be about $50 (not including gauge) in junkyard parts.

If someone tries it, let me know.

Jonas