From: ray aguilar [mailto:ray.aguilar@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 7:30 PM
To: Mk1gti@yahoogroups.com; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: [Mk1gti] Warpig to be retired from rally service?

All I have to say is that my new 16v 2.2L engine on my 1984 Jetta GLI rocks !!!!!  I have never felt so much power on a small car like this before. I practically "fly" on second gear, and the power continues on out through out all gears, yet keep in mind that I am not really pushing it since I am still trying to break in the engine. Believe me it was an experience putting it all back together and figuring out all the wires for the conversion from an 8V to a 16V. Any of you out there doing a similar conversion can write to me and I can tell you all the pros and cons that go with the conversion and maybe answer all the questions that come with it! Believe me I think I know this car in and out!!! Later. Ray with the 1984 Jetta GLI 2.2 16V engine.