From: Jason
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 2:05 PM
Subject: [Tech] Fuel Enrichment Module

So I have the fuel enrichment module for my 16v 2.0. Now all I have to do is install it. Well, my mechanic told me to hold of. We just did a compression test and it went as follows:

182-186-210-205
195-196-240-232 (wet)

It's been 2,000 miles since the transplant (1.8 to 2.0) and the car seems to be running solid. I may have a leaky valve seal, so were gonna check it again in another 800 - 1000 miles and see if the other two cylinders just need to catch up with the 3rd. and 4rth. I am putting a cam in it anyway so we could do the seal(s) then...

My question is this. My mechanic told me that he rather I wait and see how my car pulls past 6,000 RPM and then decide if I want the FEM or not. So (I did what he told me) from 3rd. gear, I took it up to 7,000 RPM and it seemed to pull fine, once it hit 7,100 - 7,200 RPM it stopped pulling and I had to shift. I need some opinions on whether the FEM has given anyone and increase, decrease or same results as far as power is concerned. If I can pull to 7,000 RPM very quickly and without hesitation, what good the the FEM do for me ?

Thanks,

'87 16v 2.0 (1.8 head, 4k Trans.)