Re: (tech) ? on cis feul system.

In a message dated 2/20/01 1:09:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, rept@qwest.net
writes:

My MK1 has Cis- I am doing the 2.0l 16v tranplant
using the 1.8L head-  will my cis do the job? is
the air box too small, are the injectors too
small?   Is there another cis i should be running
to go with my performance modifications?

Thanks

I would think it would be ok. I have heard it could supposrt anywhere from
150-170hp. But, you might be able to up that a bit by raising fuel pressure,
and using an Audi warm up regulator. Also, what they did in the old cup cars
was richen it up overall, and it would give them an edge at high rpm. I
suppose the only true answer to this is to try it and hook up an A/F gauge
though. It really wouldn't be much, if any, extra work to try the CIS first.
It could end up saving you a lot of headaches.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)