(Tune-Up) Or so I thought...

Hey all,
  Well my distro was making some noise, so I went to the stealership and
bought the cap, rotor, plugs, and fuel filter.  I replaced the cap and
rotor, and upon looking inside the old cap, it looks like something got in
there and wore away a little of the inside wall of the cap (bizzar ?).  So,
I put the new rotor and cap on and it idles fine..BUT, if I blip the gas, it
stalls out, and it also sounds like I have some monster cams in there, as
the idle is poppy and rough (sounds cool though..).  Is this simply because
the timing is way off, a vaccum line perhaps..Or I know my exhaust is shot,
so did the O2 sensor decide to go as well ?  BTW notice how I didn't say
that I replaced the plugs..THAT would be because the stealership gave me the
wrong ones..they are abit too big.  Any suggestions are appreciated.
- Steve H
  '88 16v Rocco