Re: NASCAR (dale earnhardt)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:36:26 -0500 "RoccoPhil" <roccophil@mindspring.com>
writes:
>Brutal. And yet it won't change the way they do things. NASCAR is
>simply
>monkey racing. Geared to please the collision-happy maggots who get
>off on accidents. They suck. Period. I don't budge from that position.
>NASCAR *could* be quality if they really wanted to be.

Interesting point of view. I naturally completely dissagree with your
safety comments. These cars today are much safer than they have ever been
in the past. Yesterdays accident was one of those freak of natures. I
dont care what your driving, if you have a 45+G sudden stop,
unfortunately someone will die. (Indycars have been measured at over
200G's BTW.)

Something that I find interesting is there was so much talk of a new
device at the 24 hour's of daytona event. .... I forget the name. It
basically cradles the head in a collison which I thought DE was using.
Seemes that he actually wasnt. Sad.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!